Most women with insurance pay $0*
Most insurance plans cover the cost of the Paragard IUD in full—this may mean: no co-pay, no deductible, and no out-of-pocket costs*
*Check with your insurance provider to confirm coverage related to your individual plan. Fees for the Paragard placement procedure may apply.
Check if Paragard is Covered by Your Health Insurance
You can check your insurance coverage for Paragard in 2 ways:
Request a free Paragard Benefits VerificationSM Report
Request a Personalized Insurance Coverage Report through our Free Service
- Call 1-877-PARAGARD
- Our benefits verification specialists will assist you in confirming coverage related to your individual plan
- Visit Paragardbvsp.com
- In the pink bar at the bottom of the page, click the “click here” link to electronically sign and submit a Patient Authorization Form
- Ask your healthcare provider to submit a Patient Referral Form
- Once both forms are received, you will be sent a detailed report that shows your insurance coverage for Paragard
- If you have any questions or need help with this process, call 1-877-PARAGARD
Contact your insurance company directly
Check Coverage by Contacting Your Health Insurance Company
- Call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card
- Tell them that Paragard is a healthcare provider-administered method of birth control
- Ask them to check if Paragard is covered under the Affordable Care Act
- Provide them with the J code for Paragard: J7300
- Ask if you will have any out-of-pocket costs, or if Paragard is only partially covered under your plan
What if My Health Insurance Doesn’t Cover Paragard or I Don’t Have Health Insurance?
If you don’t have insurance, or if your insurance doesn’t cover Paragard, you can purchase Paragard through our Paragard Patient Direct™ (self-pay) program as long as you have a prescription for Paragard from your healthcare provider. To confirm the cost you will pay when purchasing through Paragard Patient Direct™, please call 1-877-PARAGARD.