" />

How do I get Paragard?

Paragard can be placed by an OB/GYN or other trained healthcare provider. Talk to your healthcare provider to inquire if they have been trained to insert the Paragard device. If they have not been trained, they may call 1-877-PARAGARD to request a training.

  • Don’t use Paragard if you have a pelvic infection or certain cancers. Less than 1% of users get a serious infection called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
  • If you miss a period, have persistent abdominal pain or if Paragard comes out, tell your healthcare provider (HCP). If it comes out, use back-up birth control. Continue reading