If you have health insurance:
Most insurance plans cover the cost of the Paragard IUD in full—this may mean: no co-pay, no deductible, and no out-of-pocket costs. Check with your insurance provider to confirm coverage related to your individual plan. Fees for the Paragard placement procedure may apply.
You can check your insurance coverage for Paragard in one of 2 ways:
- Request a free Paragard Benefits VerificationSM Report
- Contact your insurance company directly
To Request an Insurance Coverage Report through our Paragard Benefits VerificationSM Service:
- Call 1-877-PARAGARD
- One of our benefits verification specialists will assist you in confirming coverage related to your individual plan
- Visit Paragardbvsp.com
- At the bottom of the page on the pink bar, click where it says “click here” and follow the instructions on screen to submit a Patient Authorization Form.
- Ask your healthcare provider to submit a Patient Referral Form.
- Once both forms are received, you will be sent a detailed report that shows your insurance coverage for Paragard
- If you have any questions or need help with this process, call 1-877- Paragard
To Check Coverage by Contacting Your Health Insurance Company Directly
- Call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
- Tell them that Paragard is a healthcare provider-administered method of birth control.
- Ask them to check if Paragard is covered under the Affordable Care Act.
- Provide them with the J code for Paragard, which is J7300.
- Ask if you will have any out-of-pocket costs, or if Paragard is only partially covered under your plan.
If your medical insurance says that Paragard is not covered as a medical benefit, then it may be covered as a pharmacy benefit. To check if it’s covered as a pharmacy benefit, call the customer service number on the back of your prescription card.
If Your Health Insurance Doesn’t Cover Paragard or You Don’t Have Health Insurance
If you don’t have insurance, or if your insurance doesn’t cover Paragard, you can purchase Paragard through our Paragard Patient Direct™ (self-pay) program as long as you have a prescription for Paragard from your healthcare provider. To confirm the cost you will pay when purchasing through Paragard Patient Direct™ please call 1-877-Paragard.